Types of Psychological Assessment Services
York Region Psychological Services (YRPS) offers the following assessments:
- Psycho-Vocational (for career choices)
YRPS perform psychological assessments for children, adolescents and adults
We provide an opportunity to work through problems using researched, structured and effective therapies and strategies. We work with all ages and assist with a variety of issues including:
- Learning difficulties, brain injury or cognitive dysfunction
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Emotional problems
- Low self-esteem
- Attention concerns
- School refusal
- Poor social skills
- Academic delays
- Social problems
- Poor organisational skills
- Under-achievement – for children and students, we also offer school consultations, teacher training and parent education.
YRPS perform medical assessments for all populations
YRPS have extensive experience providing comprehensive psychological reports for insurance companies, assessment centres, lawyers and rehabilitation clinics to support motor vehicle accidents (MVA) claims and work-related injuries. We provide both plaintiff and defence assessments relating to personal injury.
Assessments include psychological, neuropsychological, psychoeducational and catastrophic. We also provide driver training and ongoing counselling for clients to help them recover from incidents.